Thursday, October 22, 2009

Adobe Illustrator Converting a scanned complex engraved image from Photoshop to Illustrator to creat

I am basically a hobbyist with intermediate experience with Photoshop...a novice with Illustrator. Using CS3



I am trying to take an (pretty complex) image of an old b/w engraving (scanned into Photoshop) and move it into Illustrator, create a live trace then color it as a vector graphic.



I want to try to take advantage of Illust. live paint and probably blends to replace many of the black engraving lines that were used for shadowing.



The original engraved image is pretty complex, consisting of at least 9 distinct areas.



Where do I start? I think I want to make each of those areas a separate layer, work with them individually and then put them together into one image.



Do I separate the layers in Photoshop or Illustrator? How do I remove or clear the engraved lines (shading) within the areas I want to paint so I can blend for the effect I want to achieve?



I have been spinning my wheels trying to get started...not knowing which program to start this project in.



Adobe Illustrator Converting a scanned complex engraved image from Photoshop to Illustrator to create vector?software



I would separate the layers in Photoshop rather than Illustrator. It's easier with the layers in Photoshop.



What's probably going to look the best is if you take the pen tool %26 just open the image up in Illustrator %26 redraw the image. (Lock the bottom image you are drawing on top of %26 trace it with the pen tool) Draw it with the pen tool on top of the image(zoom in for better accuracy). It may take some time but it will look 10 times better than the live trace.



Live trace is just "Ok". I've never had much luck making the images look great converting them with trace, even when tweeking all the settings.



Adobe Illustrator Converting a scanned complex engraved image from Photoshop to Illustrator to create vector?vincent



Use Illustrator. I've read that it has a Live Trace feature.



http://www.illustratortechniques.com/cat...



there might be a video tutorial at http://www.video-tutes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment