Monday, October 5, 2009

Photoshop! What do you think.....?

I'm downloading the free photoshop trial right now as I type. I want to try it and see how I like it, and maybe consider buying it. But I'm not sure it's 600$+. It is MAC compatible though right?



And, do any of you have it, or have tried it? Do you like it? What do you like best? Is it good? Thanks!



Photoshop! What do you think.....?internet security software



Auntie Eve, be aware that CS3 is a complicated digital graphics image editor,(besides the other cool stuff!). You have 30 DAYS to figure it out! My suggestion is to come here often, and ask questions on how to use it. If you've never used any version of Photoshop before, this can burn you out! Don't let it! Just getting an image out into the Photoshop workspace for the first time, can be frustrating, much less trying to learn all the tools in the Tool menu, or the Filters, or all the other special features. Just come back, and ask. BUT once you get the basics down, and start moving to the intermediate 'phase', then on to the Advanced,.........Watch out! You'll be SO amazed at what you can do, it's not funny! $600 bucks is a lotta' dough, I know. Is it overpriced? Would like to say yes,( the 'voice of reason' tells me to), but I cannot. This is the most powerful program on the planet, bar none! I just have Photoshop 7, and am hooked! I fool with it at least every other day,(besides building computers, repairing them, working on my 'glass car, and going to work! lol!) You just won't believe what you can do. Be aware however, that CS,(Photoshop 8), CS2,(9), and CS3,(10), are ram memory hogs! Processor too! (Also requires good graphics) So I suggest you have a computer system that will handle it. How much? At least 2GB's of DDR2 ram, and a Pentium 4, 3.0GHz processor, or a Core2 Duo, 2.2GHz processor, plus a really decent graphics card. The Onboard, or Integrated graphics on motherboards, just won't cut it! Why is this? Because the CS3 program has so many automatic features, and it's ability to render unreal changes with a Algorythmic process. I know that probably sound's like "Wa-wa-wa-wa", from a Charlie Brown cartoon,( jibberish), but it's the easiest way I can attempt, to explain it's programming features. Enjoy it! You might want to buy it! Edit: No slam intended, but the 'Gimp' doesn't EVEN have the features of CS3! Plus there's very little support. Here, take a look at this link to 1545 pages, of 6 to 8 tutorials on photoshop, on every page! This is just ONE of 1000's of links to tutorials, and tip's!

No comments:

Post a Comment