Friday, October 2, 2009

Unlock layer in Photoshop CS when first opening picture?

I play around in Photoshop CS all the time, but whenever I open a picture the layer comes up immediately locked; and its irritating to constantly duplicate the layer.



Is there an option somewhere in settings to have pictures open with their background layer unlocked automatically?



Unlock layer in Photoshop CS when first opening picture?viruses



Nontransparent background layers are locked by default in Photoshop. No easy way around it besides duplicating the layer.



Unlock layer in Photoshop CS when first opening picture?antispam



You shouldn't have to make a duplicate layer. You should be able to just double click on the lock image for it to disappear.



Then again, I haven't opened photoshop in ages as I've gotten into 3D modelling so I'm a little rusty.
There is no way to automatically unlock a layer UNLESS...



your camera saves pics as .psd/.png/(any 'layerable' file type)



you just need to save the file as a .psd and tada! no more default lock. it's layered now.
I have wondered about this myself. I would like this as a default. I think the only thing you can do is create an acton and use a keyboard shortcut to activate it.



Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment