Friday, October 2, 2009

Adding fonts to Photoshop CS?

I have specific fonts already in my 'fonts' folder on my C: drive, but they are not available in my photoshop CS (?). How can I fix this? Thanks.



Adding fonts to Photoshop CS?anti virus scan



You may have improperly imported the fonts. When you install a new font, you need to download/unzip the files to a folder other than c:/windows/fonts and then drag and drop them into that folder - windows will then show a dialouge box that is different from the normal file copy one, and will register the new fonts.



Try moving the missing fonts out of the fonts directory and moving them back in - if the font is registered properly, it will show up in photoshop.



Adding fonts to Photoshop CS?ariel



Try the fonts folder in CS
I'm going to assume you've already shut down and reopened photoshop, which is when it will normally appear.



If not try removing the font and reinstalling after a reboot, just check that it's available in other programs. Odd's are that if it's not displaying in photoshop, it's not displaying in any other program either as they all pull from that one communal resource.



If you install and uninstall a lot of fonts, I'd reccomend Amp Font Viewer (Don't worry, it's Freeware!)



http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/FontVie...



This will allow you to add and remove fonts as you need as photoshop really didn't like it when I had 3000 fonts installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment